A Hearty Omelette !

“I am feeling so hungry and sleepy”, said my wife as she entered home after a long office day.
Well, for me these words were motivating. I wanted to rejuvenate her mood with a sumptuous food.

“But what?”, I muttered to myself.
After a minute of peeping inside the fridge and kitchen racks, an idea dashed through my mind. I had to take 3 things definitely: protein, carbs and vegetables.

I sprung upon onions, tomatoes, red capsicum, French beans, ginger, garlic and chilli. Chopped them and set them aside while a frying pan was getting warm on the stove. Poured a quarter tablespoon olive oil and threw crushed garlic, chopped ginger and chopped chillies in it.
Meanwhile, I cracked 2 eggs in a bowl and mixed them with chopped onions, tomatoes, French beans and red capsicum. Gave it a quick whisk.

I thought of checking onto my wife, she was relaxing in the living room and looked like if I did not serve anything to her in the next 10 minutes, she may fall asleep…hungry ☹
So, I sped through and poured the batter into the already simmering mix of garlic, chilli and ginger. Almost at the same time put a milk pan on a burner, poured milk and brought it to boil. Poured hot milk from a height into a cup with instant coffee powder resting at its bottom and some at the rim of the cup to give it a bit of rustic bar look.

Another 2 burners were heating up - a small and shallow pan with some seeds in one of them, and a pan with some raw rolled oats on another – both being gently toasted to crunchy.
As the omelette in the frying pan was getting firmer like my confidence, I was feeling that I can make it. I felt the need to add some extra moisture to it…
So, I grabbed a love fruit, no not apple, strawberry or the tomato…this time it was an avocado. Quickly peeled one and cut it into 2 heart shapes (like a real heart shape 😊) and placed them gently on the flipped surface of the omelette. Sprinkled cinnamon powder to give aroma and sesame seed to give a traditional marriage to it. And further sprinkled the toasted oats onto it.

Feeling cheesy, made me sprinkle little-shredded mozzarella to let it melt on the flip side 😉
Adding some freshness to it, I quickly grabbed 2 twigs of Italian parsley and chopped them.

Now the final step was to present it, so I quickly pulled out a white plate and put a folded version of my preparation onto it, garnished with sunflower seeds, parsley, cranberries and shredded parmesan.
And took a quick picture of the dish to share.

As I was serving the plate and coffee cup on the dining table, to my surprise I saw my wife as she was ready with a fork and knife in her hand. As she had the first bit, I heard a low grunt. I was a bit nervous. And then she said, "WOOOW!".

And then, none of us talked for another 15 minutes, just looked into each other's eyes and smiled while munching on the dish.

In fact, this note is a result of her persuasion to start a food blog and share my love food stories.
Soon I am going to post a detailed recipe of this dish with nutritional benefits and versions of it…
I welcome your suggestions to give this preparation a name and any other version that you want me to try …
Also, please share your love food stories…to inspire me…


Let’s connect and start a new journey!

"There is no love sincerer than the love of food." ― George Bernard Shaw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Vintage Brown Mushrooms with Toasted Oats